- Director of coaching for
Carmichael Training Systems
- He’s training everyone from the
most famous in ultra running to people in your
- And…he’s an accomplished ultra
runner himself…among many others, his finishing list includes
Wasatch, Western States, Leadville, and Badwater.
In this episode we learn
- Jason’s overall framework of
prescriptions which emphasizes a progression from least event
specific to most specific
- The optimal time frame to
implement a full program
- Intervals to raise
- Setting pace and
- Total interval time of work for
raising VO2max and for improving midrange performance
- Three broad phases of training
and how much work/effort for workouts in those phases
- How many workouts per
- Factoring terrain (and elevation
gain) to the workouts
- Does Koop use heart rate
- Detraining of VO2max closer to
event with Koop’s approach?
- Approaches to choosing the
number and spacing of races.
Plus, Jason gives you four
pieces of advice that you can implement TODAY to improve your
training and racing!
AND SO MUCH